When it comes to something as important as insurance, it’s imperative that you work with a professional who has an in-depth knowledge of multiple insurance products, companies, and guidelines — not just one. You need someone who can help you find the best coverage that will fit your needs while checking all possible insurance options.
These professionals are called independent insurance agents. Let us go through their roles as agents and the advantages and disadvantages of getting help from independent insurance agents.
What Is an Independent Insurance Agent?
An independent insurance agent acts as the intermediary person between the client and the insurance companies. An independent insurance agent represents multiple insurance carriers, rather than a single insurance company. The agent acts as an advisor and intermediate offering different types of insurance such as property insurance, life insurance and business insurance.
It is often beneficial for a customer to work with an independent agent because they may be able to quickly research multiple policies and rates across various companies.
How Independent Agents Operate
When you request a quote, an independent agent wilI shop from different insurance providers. A good agent will give you side by side pricing so you can compare the price and coverage among the different companies.
Insurance advisors from independent insurance companies like G&G Independent Insurance get different quotes from different carriers to give you the best possible rate with the best coverage. Quotes are completely free and G&G will never charge you fees.
Independent insurance agents are responsible for generating their own business. They create their own marketing materials and manage their own operations.
Independent Agents vs. Insurance Brokers vs. Captive Agents
If you are looking for insurance, you might meet three kinds of agents: independent agents, insurance brokers and captive agents. It would be a good idea to start defining the role of insurance brokers. Insurance brokers cannot sell insurance. Their role is to find the best deal and policy for you. Insurance brokers go in between the insurance agents and you.
What then is the difference between independent agents and captive agents? Captive agents can only sell the insurance products of the company they work for. On the other hand, independent agents can shop around different insurance carriers to find the best price and coverage.
Pros and Cons of Independent Insurance Agents
Advantages of Independent Insurance Agents
- More insurance choices for clients. Since independent insurance companies represent multiple carriers, they can offer different types of insurance from life insurance, home and auto insurance, atv insurance to business insurance.
- Getting quick quotes. Requesting quotes from independent insurance agents is a great place to start checking out policies because they can check multiple companies all at once. For example, G&G Independent insurance has an in-house software program that allows them to run quotes and get you insured as quickly as possible.
- Customized service. Independent insurance agents have your best interest in mind and are ready to take care of your needs.
- Unbiased and objective advice. Since independent insurance agents have a lot of insurance options from different companies and don’t have a single product to promote, they will provide unbiased advice which will best fit your needs.
- Licensed experts. Independent agents are also experts who passed the licensure examination to be able to sell insurance products.
- Personal Advisors. Independent agents are ready to listen to your needs and will be with you through your different life stages.
Disadvantages of Independent Insurance Agents
- Not all insurance providers are available. Independent insurance agents can only represent companies they are approved to sell.
- They usually have regular office hours. If you are planning to buy an insurance policy, you will need to contact them during office hours.
For customers who hate overpaying for insurance, G&G’s in-house software program allows them to shop for your needs so you can be confident that you’re getting the best coverage at the best price. For people who appreciate quality and fast service, G&G’s client experience team uses personalized care and support with every interaction, so you know your request is being handled with care. G&G has helped thousands of clients find the best value on insurance. Call G&G if you would like to request a quote.